I love the beginning of a new year! Yes, I totally realize that each and every day is a new start, but for some reason I love setting goals at the start of a new year. I try not to make the goals too broad. I like specific, measurable goals. This year I picked four specific categories for goal setting: Marriage, Mothering, Family, and Personal. All of my goals plug into one of these 4 categories. I am a paper and pen girl. I know that it drives my computer-loving hubby crazy, but I love to write lists down in a notebook. Add in some fun-colored markers and I am one happy girl.
I started a new book for my lists. I’ve been carrying my old book for almost 2 years and it finally just fell apart. It is a simple graph ruled composition book that I picked up at Staples for a few bucks. I definitely prefer graph ruled to the traditional composition book. This is a book that I carry everywhere. When I think of something that I need to do or think of questions I need to ask a doctor or therapist I write it in this book. It’s nothing fancy, but it is exactly what I need. Having my list of goals in the front of this book is going to be awesome for me this year! Here are my goals:
1) weekly date night (we already get 3 hours of respite care on Monday nights that we absolutely cherish)
2) read 4 marriage books/devotional books
1) monthly dates with each of the girls
2) write monthly letters to the girls & include them in my Project Life pages
3) pray with the girls each day
1) memorize one Bible verse each week
2) read at least one chapter of a book out loud together each day
3) explore Arizona (Sedona, Grand Canyon, Tombstone, Bisbee, etc)
1) exercise 60 min/day 6 days a week (I’m pretty much already doing this)
2) do a Whole 30 (I’m currently reading this book to prepare)
3) read the Bible through chronologically (I’m using this Bible)
4) read 52 books (I’ve already started a list in my trusty red notebook)
5) continue documenting our everyday life with Project Life
6) run a 5K race
7) declutter & simplify
I’m excited about the things that I will accomplish in 2014. It’s going to be a big year for us as we continue our journey of better health & prepare to move this summer (hence the decluttering).
What are your goals for 2014?
Make them great!
Best of luck with your goals!
Great goals!!! I lovd you thanks for being an inspiration!
Yes, love your goals. I have some similar ones. Simplify, definitely, might even be my word this year. Also want to run my 1st half marathon. I run some fintess accountability groups and I’m hoping to get one going every month this year. I need to get working on my project life and read some personal development books. HAve you read any marriage books that you would recommend?